What Led to Selena Gomez’ Breakdown: A Timeline of Her Health Struggles

More Celebrity News ►► http://bit.ly/SubClevverNews

Earlier this week, TMZ broke the news that Selena Gomez recently checked herself into a mental health facility to receive treatment for what people are calling an emotional breakdown. The singer was reportedly hospitalized twice in 2 weeks due to complications from her lupus and subsequent kidney transplant. Her white blood cell counts were low, which can sometimes be a complication of a transplant, and the stress of that ultimately caused her to have a severe panic attack and decide she needed help.

A source tells Entertainment Tonight QUOTE “It’s very hard for Selena because she loves to work and stay busy. Unfortunately, the amount of time spent at the hospital, without much improvement created anxiety for Selena, and made her extremely emotional, causing her to have panic attacks. Selena and her family decided it was best to have her go back to the East Coast mental health facility she went to earlier in the year, when she was feeling depressed and anxious.”

Selena secretly checked herself into rehab for the first time in January 2014 for exhaustion and to help her cope with her lupus diagnosis and then went back in September 2016 for a 90-day program to help her battle anxiety and depression.

In January 2018, shortly after her split from Justin Bieber, the “Taki Taki” singer voluntarily entered a two-week wellness program in Upstate New York as a precaution and a way to QUOTE “regroup” from stress.

She told Harper’s Bazaar a few months later QUOTE “Anyone who knows me knows I will always start with my health and my well-being. I’ve had a lot of issues with depression and anxiety, and I’ve been very vocal about it, but it’s not something I feel I’ll ever overcome. There won’t be a day when I’m like, ‘Here I am in a pretty dress — I won!’ I think it’s a battle I’m gonna have to face for the rest of my life, and I’m OK with that because I know that I’m choosing myself over anything else.”

Sources say Selena is QUOTE “getting better every day” and most likely won’t be in the current facility long-term

It’s SO great to hear that Selena is doing well in treatment and will probably be coming home soon. Mental health care is so important and it’s awesome that Selena is always open about her battle with anxiety and depression. If you could say anything to Selena Gomez right now, what would you say? Leave your message in the comments below. I’m your host Ava Gordy thanks for watching clevver. Please click to the right to watch another new video and don’t forget to subscribe to our channels.

For More Clevver Visit:
There are 2 types of people: those who follow us on Facebook and those who are missing out http://facebook.com/clevver

Keep up with us on Instagram: http://instagr.am/Clevver
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ClevverTV
Website: http://www.clevver.com

Add us to your circles on Google+: http://google.com/+ClevverNews
Tweet Me: http://www.twitter.com/avagordy

35 comments for “What Led to Selena Gomez’ Breakdown: A Timeline of Her Health Struggles

1. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Whoa

2. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I would say to Selena, "Get better soon, and don't let that Justin Bieber affect the rest of your life!"

3. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Hope that she is feeling well.

4. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I pray for her every day🙏🏻

5. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Everyone should act like her ! I would tell her I’m wicked sorry for bothering her & driving her crazy ! Of course wish her the best – yes I would tell her that I love her obviously ! She’s the KINDEST PERSON I’VE EVER SEEN ! I wish I could just talk to her & explain things – get her advice as well as help out America & give her everything that can help all the research & charities and she can give the data & evidence to she wants cause I trust her to help all of humanity & every country – religion – race or gender – her & I have a lot in common especially when it comes to loving people & doing the right thing & telling the truth while fixing this dumbass problem that has ruined so many people’s lives & innocent kids air raids – natural disasters- trade war – tariff war- cyber war- tech war- political war – economic war- everything is to divided the USA IS TO DIVIDED ! Global warming is all of our problem & it’s not gonna fix itself – just like this disaster ! We need a simple solution to a simple yet stupid problem that went way to far & to long without being addressed ! It’s my parents that deserve an apology & give her a check and apologize it’s not hard & nothing has changed ! I don’t hold grudges and my parents don’t either ! God says to forgive & move forward ! It’s all we can do – we all know it’s NEVER GOING AWAY & 4 billion of us all know about it the only people that don’t are living with me ! But I’m losing my mind & can not keep living this way it’s literally torture & no one deserves to be treated like this or to get ignored / lied to or put off on the back burner it’s just not what we were taught to do it’s about civility & humanity without morals or a guideline to go by the world would be chaos & Armageddon – which we aren’t to far away from now & that’s a scary thought ! Honestly it’s time to just address it privately & all move on and start fresh maybe even help bring people back together or closer to helping one another & treating each other with a little more respect & compassion ! There’s no ill will or hate its frustration – a lack of empathy it’s hurtful & wrong we need to do a better job with how all of us treat each other ! Selena was 100% correct about remember that a mean comment or post stings & can mentally just take faith & hope away & put anger & hate in your heart over the stupidest things ! Social media as good as it can be is also a catch 22 and can destroy lives and people ! A lot of people get hurt and their feelings destroyed & families ruined – it’s just not worth it for me to get belittled and have people say cruel things that isn’t cool or fair to be ganged up on especially with my situation I haven’t had a break or easy time in over 15 years all I ever wanted was my freedom & privacy & to be able to use a cell phone like the other 4 billion people & be left alone ! It is what it is there’s no point arguing or crying about water under the bridge now ! Get the evidence to help the soldiers and our military ! I don’t care what you all do with it but it’s definitely not going to Donald trump & all the dictators that kill & starve their own people ! It has a lot of good information that is important to our national security & the UN NATIONAL SECURITY AS WELL ! But that’s for you all to figure out ! I just love Selena & really trust her and more importantly she can help bring everything together without a distraction bingo Eric ! Exactly ! She’s private & quiet and that’s what ALL OF US NEED ESPECIALLY BEFORE THE BIGGEST ELECTION IN US HISTORY ! Let’s just pray for Selena & when she can or if she will when she gets a chance then it can be over & done with ! It’s not going to take long or be to difficult !!! Never was gonna be & it needs to get settled ASAP ! Then there’s no more issues & everyone can move forward knowing that this book is closed & done with correctly ! Sign some papers and have a meet wherever in NY with Selena !! I feel a lot more comfortable with her around me I feel like we known each other forever – for some reason it’s hard to explain but I can relate to everything with her & know almost everything about her she’s PERFECT – LITERALLY AN ANGEL !!! So I have to go walk & try to start my car ! 3 miles away ! Thanks for the ride Eric !! But if I could get her number or her friends number then we can plan something out for next week or week after when she can do IT ! I’ll always trust her & always LOVE HER ! I’m a big fan obviously ! It’s time to MOVE FORWARD !

6. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

The kidney she got was not given to her with love but for recognition and later the donator regretted giving her the kidney. Obviously if u look at her social media not even one wish of wellness for Selena from her donator . It’s the bad luck kidney

7. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I deal with anxiety and depression but I'm not very vocal about it. I just bottle it up.

8. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I will pray for her. And hope her bloodcells will be good. Most of all i mpraying for her health

9. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I love you Sel! I’m praying❤️❤️

10. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Lmao again with this clown of a "host" 😥🔫

11. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Poor selena

12. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

She had a break down, she is getting better, move on and stop annoying everyone unnecessary coverage. Lets just give her support and love.

13. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Shes carrying Keneeka Jenkins kidneys and cant handle the guilt anymore. Causing this "mental breakdown".

14. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I love you Selena i need you Selena and i want you to be my wife

15. L S
    October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

She honestly sounds like such a burden with a lot of emotional baggage. No wonder she can't book a long term relationship. No one has time for her bullshit 🤣

16. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Her mkultra might have acted up.

17. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Leave Selena alone everything isn't about her ex

18. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

First Demi now Selena 😭😭😭

19. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

we love u sel

20. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Sel 😭

21. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Even mental health is dangerous and should never be ignore.

22. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

💛💙💜Have you ever noticed how more and more people in the world are suffering from mental illnesses/disorders?
    People are at a loss on how to get out of this vicious cycle. It becomes crippling to the point where you are afraid of life. Installing FEAR and whispering lies is one of the devil’s tactics. Don’t let it defeat you!! The devil is a liar! It came to kill, steal and destroy.
    You can break free of those bondages by turning to Jesus. Believe it and receive it. He can uplift, restore and heal you from the inside out. Therapy and medicine are only temporary measures. Believe me, Jesus SAVED my life and I am a living testimony. I refused medication, therapy and counselling. God had better plans and guided me to Him. I was an atheist. God is good. The world is full of darkness. Don’t live in darkness. Live in the Light. Make a decision today and begin your relationship with God. It’s your own choice. It is a process. Jesus will begin to do amazing things in your life once you accept Him as your Saviour. There is POWER in the Word and POWER in the blood of Jesus. Believing with faith will open many doors to a better life. Nothing is impossible with God when you truly believe.

Do you want your life to progress or do you want to stay parked and hope for the best? It’s your choice. A decision only YOU can make.

Believe you are Gods beloved. He WILL accept you as you are. Call out to Jesus today. You don’t have to suffer anymore!!

If you are reading this until the end, thank you and I truly believe God is trying to reach out to you. He loves you. 💛

To those who are offended by this then
    please simply scroll on.

God Bless 💛✝️💛

23. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Seriously?? Again 🙄

24. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

We love you Sel!!❤️💋

25. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Wtf can they just leave Justin,Hailey,and Selena…😒😒😒😒😒😤😤😤

26. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Get well Selena 🙁 😔

27. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I hope that she better's amist her donation.

28. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

y’all did her dirty in the thumbnail

29. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I hope that Selena gets better everyday but sometimes paining about stress and depression and anxiety my firend is overcome depression his name Brandon Hunter middle of the school year about since junior year in school and I am a senior now it is hard for everyone

30. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

get better soon selena

31. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

R y'all broke? Buy some gd pics 4 goodness sake 🙄

32. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

OKAY WHY THE FUCK do you guys think this video is a good idea? Who actually sat down and created a timeline of this poor girls mental/physical health problems? Please give her some space and have some fucking decency you pieces of actual shit. This is a new low for clevver and the host should be ashamed to have agreed to this.

33. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

“A Timeline Of Her Health Struggles” ??? I love clevver but this is not right. Pls chase views from something else, not this.

34. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

This is the 5th time she has been hospitalized. Something is seriously wrong here. She needs to get away for a long time. Her health should be first and foremost. GODSPEED,,,,,!!!

35. October 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

clevver alway puts selenas worst picture oof